Thread: Obama Arms Deal

Cookie Monster Array

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTACTICSx

Default Obama Arms Deal

The Obama Administration is going to be selling our friends over in Saudi Arabia $60 billion dollars worth of high-end artillery. This is the largest ever single U.S. arms deal in history.

84 new sophisticated F-15 fighter jets, upgrades to 70 existing Saudi F-15s, 190 helicopters and a wide array of missiles, bombs, launchers and equipment such as night-vision goggles and high-tech radar warning systems.

This deal is to improve their defense system and some how make us better friends.

I'm not one to post this on a gaming site, though its a good matter to think about.
    What do you think this will do in the future? Will the 60 billion act as a bailout for Obama - its not nearly enough? Post what you think!

Officials say the deal can be denied through Congress within 30 days, though odds are that will not happen.

Sergeant Grade 1 Array

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sir Killalot33

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/20/sau...ex.html?hpt=T2

It's 60 billion bro. You Americans are doing this the completely wrong way. Why give the Saudis a ton of cool gadgets to protect your oil interests there when you can do jack shit and get the oil from us at probably half the price the Saudis are charging for it. You and your tree huggers are ruining a potentially golden oil agreement. Like us Canadians need all of it bahaha

Cookie Monster Array

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTACTICSx

Thanks for the correction! I thought what I said was a bit low ... however; I am on my netbook and typing on here is a bitch.

However. I HATE trees. I HATE the middle east. I HATE the government.
    We don't need to help, we have balls of steal (well, us conservatives do.) - we will make the orders around here :P

The Graphic Guy Array

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Air Force Hero

This is a few reasons why are country can't be operated, we make some cool shit weapons and then we either sell them or some guy in china hacks the blue prints. Yes these are old products, but what if the buyers turn it against us yes we did get 60 billion dollars but I would rather they raise taxes again for me. (it's all about the money I say)

Staff Master Array

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Alter Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Killalot View Post
    Why give the Saudis a ton of cool gadgets to protect your oil interests there when you can do jack shit and get the oil from us at probably half the price the Saudis are charging for it.
    Oh, sorry. Were you looking for all that too? No? Well then, off to Saudi it goes. It's an amazing deal considering how much were making. It's not everyday someone comes to you wanting to make a huge deal like that. As you the reasons and morals behind that, giving such military strength to one nation in a single deal is terrible. Our relations pretty much worsen with everyone but Saudi because no one likes military deals (relation wise) while they're not technically helping directly in war. It just puts pressure on nations who surrounding Saudi. As it stands, America can do whatever the hell they want. Let their actions reflect their state.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    I HATE trees. I HATE the middle east. I HATE the government.
    Come on, what did trees ever do to you? Not like they're something that can be hated considering there value >.> But I also agree with the other two.
    Head Moderator

I light as many things on fire as I can. Instead of carbon off-sets i sell carbon On-sets. Send me money and i will run my SUV idle.

President this president that There will never be a president that will please the spoiled people of America I live here I could careless what president says what or does what in the end We are still screwed.